The mission of the advertising sequence is to prepare students for careers in account
handling, media planning and management, creative roles in advertising agencies, and
in-house advertising. The program also incorporates principles of marketing, consumer
behavior, promotional strategy, and other pertinent courses.
Program Educational Objectives
The program will prepare students to:
- 1.Lead a productive career in various areas of the advertising and marketing industry.
- 2.Apply their linguistic, analytical, communication and creative skills to further the development of the advertising industry in Lebanon and the region.
- 3.Become lifelong learners and find success in their chosen field.
- 4.Act ethically as advertising and marketing professionals.
- 5.Pursue graduate studies in advertising and marketing research.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, students should be able to:
- 1.Understand the main principles and concepts of the advertising and marketing field.
- 2.Develop full advertising and marketing plans and campaigns that meet client needs and market requirements.
- 3.Prepare and deliver oral presentations and written reports (including the advertising brief and pitch) pertinent to the advertising and marketing field.
- 4.Practice advertising and marketing in accordance with the ethical, moral, and industry codes within the local, international and global markets.
- 5.Design a professional portfolio including work with a number of local advertising firms.
- 6.Evaluate the power and effectiveness of communication technologies and its ability to function as agents of social change.
To complete this major, students are required to earn a total of 102 credit hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0/4.0 in their core and major courses. These 102 credits are distributed as follows: