The mission of the advertising sequence is to prepare students for careers in account handling, media planning and management, and creative roles in advertising agencies, in-house advertising, and in the media. The program also incorporates principles of marketing, consumer behavior, promotional strategy, and other pertinent courses.
Program Educational Objectives
The program will prepare students to:
- 1.Lead a productive career in various areas of the advertising and marketing industry;
- 2.Apply their linguistic, analytical, communication and creative skills to the further development of the advertising industry in Lebanon and the region;
- 3.Become lifelong learners and find success in their chosen field;
- 4.Act ethically as advertising and marketing professionals;
- 5.Pursue graduate studies in advertising and marketing research.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, students should be able to:
- 1.Understand the main principles and concepts of the advertising and marketing field;
- 2.Develop full advertising and marketing plans and campaigns that meet client needs and market requirements;
- 3.Prepare and deliver oral presentations and written reports (including the advertising brief and pitch) pertinent to the advertising and marketing field;
- 4.Practice advertising and marketing in accordance within the ethical, moral, and industry codes within the local, international and global markets;
- 5.Design a professional portfolio including work with a number of local advertising firms; and
- 6.Evaluate the power and effectiveness of communication technologies and its ability to function as agents of social change.
Students pursuing this major must complete a total of 102 credit hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.3/4.0 in their core and major courses. These 102 credits are divided as follows: