The mission of the Bachelor’s degree in Political Science is to build the characteristics of high intellect, moral integrity, enlightened citizenship, human solidarity, and responsible leadership by providing a balance of practical, theoretical, and applied course work in the concerned areas of study to students.
Program Educational Objectives
The program is designed to provide students with in-depth awareness of the discipline of Political Science in general and concentrates on Euro-Mediterranean studies. In addition to the general Political Science courses, students take courses which include Modern European Thought, European Politics, European Civic Politics, politics and culture of Germany, special topics, Politics and Culture of Russia and Eastern Europe.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to:
- 1.Demonstrate a clear understanding of the rational behind the Barcelona Process;
- 2.Analyze and concisely describe the ongoing Euro-Med integration process, linking the European Union with the non-EU members bordering on the Mediterranean;
- 3.Coherently and convincingly critique European foreign policy with respect to the MENA region;
- 4.Place the Euro-Med process within the larger field of international relations and describe its significance;
- 5.Produce academic research papers and reports in the area of Euro-Mediterranean studies.