The mission of the B.A. in Education - Basic Education is to train students lead a productive career in their chosen concentration area, by educating them in the fundamental concepts of education.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of the program should be able to:
- 1.Lead a productive career in their chosen concentration area;
- 2.Apply their learned skills to analyze current issues in education and propose means of addressing them;
- 3.Contribute to the improvement of the education practices and methodologies;
- 4.Work with educational professionals in organizations and government offices that deal with various educational issues.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, students should be able to:
- 1.Identify the foundations and basic elements of educational theory;
- 2.Recognize and address issues related to student learning;
- 3.Distinguish between the various learning styles for effective teaching;
- 4.Apply managerial and pedagogical skills in class sessions;
- 5.Demonstrate skills in working with students of varying abilities and special needs;
- 6.Plan culturally diverse learning activities.
The B.A. in Education - Basic Education focuses on preparing school teachers for Grade 1 to 9 to confront the issues of basic education. The official decree for this degree recognizes two separate degrees: a B.A. - Basic Education (99 credits) and a Teaching Diploma (21 credits).