Students will enhance their career skills for employment.
Through courses given by specialists from the SKILD Center, each student in the IDEAL program will:
- Explore his/her career interests;
- Learn how to write a resume;
- Learn how to research, apply for, prepare for an interview, and maintain a competitive job;
- Learn how to advocate for their needs in the workplace, request help, and interact with co-workers;
- Learn about time and money management;
Students are placed in internship programs once they develop their career goals with the program advisor as follows:
- Two on-campus internships during the first year (one per semester);
- Two off-campus internships during the second year;
- The student will complete four different job experiences to learn and practice skills that will benefit him/her in future job placement.