Application requirements to the IDEAL Program include:
- Application Form, submitted by hand to the Office of Admissions.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-relatives who have known the candidate for at least six months or longer. At least one reference writer should be an educator (teacher, principal, guidance counselor, etc.). The other writer, if possible, should be an employer, psychotherapist, social worker, counselor, or other service provider.
- Videotaped or written personal statement from the candidate that displays information such as hobbies, interests, reason behind wanting to join the university, and future goals.
- Transcripts from all high school and postsecondary education institutions.
- Copy of complete psycho-educational evaluation report (including candidate’s personal and medical history, disability diagnosis information, IQ scores, assessment results and recommendations).
- An updated Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) from candidate’s last year of high school in addition to a progress report.
All documents listed above must be received to be considered for an interview.
The received documents become the property of NDU irrespective of the admission status. The information contained in these documents is confidential.