The NDU minor in Philosophy is comprised of 18 credits. Any student may elect to get a minor in this area provided that he/she is in good academic standing, i.e. securing a minimum GPA of 2.0/4. A student selecting this minor may only count up to six credits which he/she may have taken from the list of required courses for this “Minor” in Philosophy. Minors must be declared at least one year before expected graduation date.
Objectives and Outcomes
- 1.Understanding the human quest for truth, and the different ways humans engaged in this quest;
- 2.Showing how philosophy is the foundation of human quest for knowledge – whether theoretical or practical;
- 3.Gaining familiarity with the World Ancient and Modern philosophical traditions;
- 4.Developing the ability to assess arguments using logic, critical thinking and argumentative methods;
- 5.Gaining knowledge of various philosophical and cultural traditions;
- 6.Enabling students to express philosophical ideas through both written and oral forms;
- 7.Encouraging students to respect -and interact with - diversity for it is the only proper attitude leading to a genuine dialogue.