The mission of the graduate program in Civil Engineering at NDU is to prepare graduate students in acquiring theoretical and applied knowledge, to grow into technical experts and leaders, and to successfully conduct research activities in their field of specialization. This is achieved by creating an intellectual and professional environment focusing on ethical practices and involving students in advanced scholarly work, research activities and services.
Program Educational Objectives
The Educational Objectives of the MS Program in Civil Engineering:
- 1.Support our students in acquiring theoretical and applied knowledge in their field of specialization.
- 2.Develop their abilities to grow intellectually and professionally, be independent thinkers, and exercise leadership roles in society.
- 4.Prepare them for longer term academic advancement through quality research and scholarly activities.
- 1.Knowledge: Graduate students will acquire mastery of theories, methodologies and recent findings in their primary area of study.
- 2.Research, Critical Thinking and Ethics:Graduate students will conduct research activities and publish in their discipline, under the guidance of a thesis advisor, while developing intellectual independence and practicing the principles of ethics in their field and in academia.
- 3.Communication, Leadership and Service: Graduate students will demonstrate and strengthen the oral and written communication skills needed to present work in their field. They will also develop leadership and interpersonal skills through team work, undergraduate teaching and other services.