There is an increasing demand for addressing the built environment we live in and related natural environmental issues at various levels of complexity. These issues often manifest themselves in our daily lives in cities, on streets and at home. Solutions to such issues are addressed at the urban and building scales to respond to contextual, social, economic, cultural and environmental specificities and needs.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Sustainable Architecture will demonstrate:
- 1.Knowledge of the impact of the built environment on the natural environment, with a special focus in the MENA region;
- 2.Knowledge of the key concepts and principles of sustainability;
- 3.Knowledge of the elements of indoor and outdoor comfort;
- 4.Ability to investigate contextual socio-cultural, and environmental constraints;
- 5.Ability to perform simulations to predict buildings’ behavior with respect to different environmental parameters;
- 6.Ability to propose sustainable energy efficient design solutions in response to socio-cultural, and environmental constraints.