About NDU | Offices | Offices | Office of the Registrar | Undergraduate Academic Rules and Regulations | Change of Major | NDU

Change of Major

Within a Faculty

To be eligible for a change of major within the same faculty, the student must meet the requirements for admission to the new major. He/She must submit a petition for change of major provided by the Registrar’s Office. The request for the student’s admission is considered by the new department and by the dean concerned. After approval, the petition is sent to the Registrar’s Office for implementation.

From Faculty to Faculty

A student moving into another Faculty within the University is considered as a new student by the new Faculty. The student is required to fill in a petition form for a change of major provided by the Registrar’s Office and signed by the Business Office and by his/her advisor. The form is to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office, which in turn will send the form to the University Admission Committee.


    By University Action

    A student will be asked to change his/her major for any of the following reasons:

    • If he/she is on probation and fails at the end of a semester or summer session in two or more of his/her major and/or core courses;
    • If he/she fails to pass a major course after having repeated it twice.


    You have been successfully subscribed to our mailing list