The selection depends on the following rigorous assessment model (in no particular order):
- TOEFL, or Writing and Language of SAT I, or EET (NDU English Entrance Test), or IELTS.
- Math for SAT I, or NDU Entrance Test (Aptitude Test).
- Secondary School grades.
- The application and the application essay.
A “composite score” is calculated based on an appraisal of the accepted students and remedial courses are accordingly allocated. School grades (first and second secondary years) are weighted 55% and Math for SAT I (or NDU Aptitude Test) is weighted 45% in evaluating an application. Applicants must accumulate a certain score required by their selected Faculty in order to be admitted in their offered majors.
The application and its essay reflect clearly on the applicant. Therefore, the application is very thoroughly analyzed, and the essay is intensely read through and evaluated.
Required documents that must be submitted with each undergraduate application form:
- A Secondary School Record for the first two academic years (G10/G11 or S1/S2):
- A photocopy of the Identity Card or Passport;
- Two recent passport-size photos;
- A certified copy of Lebanese Baccalaureate Part II or its equivalence from the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education;
- Scores of exams taken outside NDU (TOEFL, SAT I and IELTS).
Transfer Applicants Must Additionally Submit:
- An official transcript of the undergraduate record;
- A copy of the undergraduate courses description certified by the university.
Transfer applicants from international universities/colleges must certify the official transcript at the Embassy of the concerned country in Lebanon and at the Lebanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Freshman applicants must additionally submit:
- A secondary school record for the last three academic years (G10/G11/G12);
- An official school document attesting that they have completed and passed their High School requirements or High School Diploma;
- A certified copy of the written authorization from the Equivalence Committee;
- Scores of SAT I) (upon submission of the application), and SAT II (once available. Note: SAT II scores should be submitted before the end of the second Freshman semester).
Documents must be original. All documents submitted to complete a file become the property of NDU. Whether accepted or rejected, applicants may not claim any of the documents.