Faculty members and students with outstanding academic performance, now have the opportunity to be recognized as the “Best in Business” by the International Business Honor Society “Beta Gamma Sigma” (BGS) that exclusively serves business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Given that the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics (FBAE) at Notre Dame University-Louaize’s (NDU) acquired AACSB accreditation in November 2022, all faculty and current students are eligible to become lifelong BGS Members.
Beta Gamma Sigma: Past and Present
The most prestigious Business Honor Society BGS was initially founded in 1913 following the merging of three societies at the University of California, University of Illinois, and University of Wisconsin.
Today, BGS has significant international outreach: it is divided into numerous chapters that span six continents, all in recognition of the leading AACSB-accredited business schools, their faculty, students, and alumni.
This outreach includes:
- More than 190 countries
- Over 900,000 members
- Over 600 Chapters
- 32 Alumni Chapters
- Over 15 Alumni Networks
BGS Membership Eligibility
Criteria to join BGS vary for undergraduates and, graduates. Here are the requirements:
- Undergraduate students who are in the top 10% of their class.
- Graduate students who are in the top 20% of their class.
- Faculty members
Benefits of BGS Membership
There is an array of benefits for BGS Membership, whether educational or professional. These benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Internship and volunteer opportunities at leading BGS partner organizations.
- Special pricing for test preparation and professional licensing courses via leading BGS partner organizations.
- Pursuing doctorate degrees through the PhD Project with the added advantages of stipends and covered tuitions, to name a few.
- Graduate scholarships and tuition discounts at universities with programs specifically curated to meet the needs of BGS Members.
- Fee waivers for applications, the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) at leading BGS partner universities.
- Professional development designed for BGS members through Society affiliations.
- Great tech discounts on hardware, software, and support services.
- Great discounts on subscriptions to business publications, including Forbes and Fortune.
- Great discounts on travel and related fees for all your business trip needs.
- A wide range of gift and service benefits.
- Great discounts on relocation services, to take your work internationally with ease.
- Great discounts on professional attire to look your best, as the Best in Business.
Duration of a BGS Membership
BGS enrollment is a lifetime membership! Once part of the Honor Society, renewal is not required, and all benefits apply irrespective of date of joining.
BGS Enrollment Process for the FBAE Chapter
NDU is honored to announce that the FBAE Chapter of the BGS International Honor Society was successfully inaugurated on April 18, 2023. The Faculty held its first recognition ceremony on May 15, 2023, where 77 members celebrated their outstanding achievements whether in leadership, service for business education, or aptitude in business studies.
During the ceremony, members were presented with their well-deserved certificates and lapel pins and were officially welcomed as esteemed members of the BGS Chapter at NDU.
FBAE Attains High Honors Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter Recognition
Since the inauguration of the NDU BGS Chapter in Spring 2023, the FBAE has achieved an extraordinary milestone: the High Honors Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter recognition for the Academic Year 2022–2023.
Obtaining High Honors status means that the BGS Chapter at NDU is now eligible to nominate candidates for prestigious global awards at BGS.
Qualifying for this recognition is indicative of a campus where academic excellence is highly valued. This reputable accomplishment is a testament to the FBAE’s commitment to excellence in business education.
Return to this page for the latest updates.