As a Catholic institution inspired by the cultural and spiritual heritage of the Maronite Order of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Notre Dame University-Louaize (NDU) seeks to provide comprehensive quality education that fosters excellence in scholarship, lifelong learning, enlightened citizenship, human solidarity, moral integrity, and belief in God.
In designing its curricula, NDU is committed to the philosophy and standards of the American model of liberal arts education. Conceiving itself as an authentic academic community, NDU promotes diversity, respect for human dignity and rights, and concern for the common good. Its profound aspiration is to prepare its students to be future leaders who can exercise reason upon knowledge and shape a world of truth, justice, love, and freedom.
NDU’s vision is to:
- Become the venue of choice as Lebanon’s Catholic university, offering
students access to the finest faculty and a comprehensive curriculum
taught in the Maronite tradition;
- Provide a highly personalized academic experience to graduate and undergraduate students;
- Integrate a strong, interdisciplinary, liberal arts core with
degree-granting programs that offer preparation for professional careers
and graduate studies;
- Excel in selected highly specialized areas, including signature programs
that enhance the university’s reputation and serve as regional models
for the delivery of educational development in Lebanon and the region;
- Foresee the changing needs with time and develop programs and utilize technologies consistent with those needs;
- Create and sustain a community in which all aspects of University life is a reflection of its values.