There is an increasing demand for addressing the built environment we live in and related natural environmental issues at various levels of complexity. These issues often manifest themselves in our daily lives in cities, on streets and at home. Solutions to such issues are addressed at the urban and building scales to respond to contextual, social, economic, cultural and environmental specificities and needs.
Graduates of the M. Arch in Urban Design will demonstrate:
- 1.Knowledge of geographic information system and its spatial applications;
- 2.Knowledge of the urban planning system and regulations in Lebanon;
- 3.Knowledge of urban transportation strategies;
- 4.Ability to apply key concepts and principles of urban design;
- 5.Ability to explore the relation between the built and the natural environment;
- 6.Ability to propose urban interventions through public spaces and other approaches and contribute to urban regeneration.
Graduates of the M. Arch in Sustainable Architecture will demonstrate:
- 1.Knowledge of the impact of the built environment on the natural environment, with a special focus in the MENA region;
- 2.Knowledge of the key concepts and principles of sustainability;
- 3.Knowledge of the elements of indoor and outdoor comfort;
- 4.Ability to investigate contextual socio-cultural, and environmental constraints;
- 5.Ability to perform simulations to predict buildings’ behavior with respect to different environmental parameters;
- 6.Ability to propose sustainable energy efficient design solutions in response to socio-cultural, and environmental constraints.