A student entering the Freshman Program at NDU as Freshman is required to complete a minimum of 30 credits. He/She has to follow either the Arts or the Science program.
The Freshman Program includes courses from the following areas (Arts and Science):
- Humanities and Social Sciences - 9 cr. (a minimum of 3cr. in each area);
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics - 6 cr. (a minimum of 3 cr. in Natural Sciences).
Freshman students cannot be considered sophomore students unless they have completed 30 cr. of Freshman courses successfully.
In exceptional cases, the Equivalency Committee in the Lebanese Ministry of Education will give the permission to the freshman student who misses one course or 5 credits from the freshman requirements, to register in sophomore courses, on condition he/she registers for the missing freshman course and passes it successfully.
Freshman students cannot register in sophomore courses without having this prior authorization.
According to the regulations of the Lebanese Ministry of Education the above mentioned areas include the following subjects:
- Humanities: Languages/Literature/Philosophy/History;
- Social Sciences: Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Business Administration, Management, Political Studies;
- Natural Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Astronomy Nutrition;
- Computer Science;
- Arts: Art-Music-Drama (not to exceed 3 cr.).