The Department of Management and Marketing (DMM) at the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics (FBAE), Notre Dame University-Louaize (NDU), organized on Monday March 6, 2017, a conference to celebrate International Women’s Day (IDW) 2017.
The Department was proud to welcome five wonderful women who shared with the attendees their experiences in the workplace, their successes, and their struggles against stereotypes.
These exemplary women were:
- Captain Roula Hoteit, pilot at Middle East Airlines (MEA);
- Mrs. May Khalil, organizer of the Beirut Marathon;
- Mrs. Sandrine Jabra Beaini, NDU alumna, sports anchor, and producer;
- Mrs. Rita Abboud, entrepreneur, founder of Bebes Calins; and
- Mrs. Rosemary Romanos, entrepreneur, founder of SunRay Energy.
For her part, DMM Chairperson Dr. Jennifer Abou Hamad said, “Although IDW is generally celebrated on March eight; however, before the UN made it official in 1977, sixty-six IDW’s were celebrated in March without a pre-defined date.”
Dr. Abou Hamad explained that the fight for equality is far from over even though there has been some progress made across industries where women today hold key positions. She hoped that the improving state of equality would one day turn into common practice, and the need to celebrate IDW would become an outdated tradition.