Students who successfully complete the B.A. in International Affairs and Diplomacy will:
- 1.Be able to demonstrate a clear grasp of the basic IR theories that allow them to understand international relations and the factors shaping the behavior of states and non-state actors in the international system;
- 2.Recognize the critical role of diplomats and diplomacy in international affairs;
- 3.Accumulate a good understanding of international organizations and be able to pursue careers with such organizations;
- 4.Compile the necessary skills to pursue careers in diplomacy and the diplomatic service;
- 5.Develop a broad understanding of the array of political, economic, strategic, and cultural factors that shape international politics.