As NDU previously launched in June 18, 2016, and in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering, Vex is organizing the 4th Robotics competition for elementary, middle, and high schools students to be held at NDU main campus in February 2017. Winners from each category will be qualified and funded to participate in the Vex World Championship in Kentucky, USA in April 2017.
Teams of students will be using robots that they have designed, built and programmed to perform the new challenge for this year and will be competing against teams from other schools.
MILESTONES BEFORE THE COMPETITION
• Schools interested to participate are asked delegate one person to lead their team. A FREE 20 hours training of trainers (ToT) that usually costs $300 will be held at NDU in October 2016.
It is an opportunity to get trained by the best trainers based on Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy Curriculum. The training will help team leaders to get hands-on experience on the best practices in Robot C-programming. It will also work with Vex robot where they will be required to apply various mechanical structures, and thus will increase teams winning chances in the competition.
• Practice Days: Fields will be set for 2 weeks at NDU for the students to try their devices. The practice time should be reserved ahead of time.
DID YOU REGISTER YET?
The 4th VEX Robotics competition in Lebanon is being organized in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering at NDU and TechnoFuture, Lebanon and will be held on NDU Main Campus in February 2017. Teams will be using robots that they have designed, built and programmed to perform the new challenge for this year!
FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO PARTICIPATE!
1. Form a team;
2. The team will need a robot of its own. (All the hardware and kits available for Elementary and Middle Schools are on VEX IQ catalog and for High Schools on the VEX EDR catalog);
3. Teams will need to be registered by December 28th, 2016 in order to participate in the national competition. Use the following forms to register your teams: Elementary/Middle Schools IQ Team Registration (VEXIQ Team Registration Form), High Schools VRC Team Registration (VRC Team Registration Form);
4. Only one winner from each division will be qualified to the world championship!
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
1. The winner from each group would be qualified to compete at the VEX World Championship in Kentucky, USA in April 2017;
2. NDU will be offering three full one year scholarship for three high school students;
3. The winning teams (one from each division) will receive a card to participate in the international competition
This competition targets middle school students, high school students, university students, parents and independent individuals.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about robot parts, mechanical design, programming, and have access to the program’s curriculum. NDU aspires to encourage students to stretch their imagination through creating a fully-functional robot and competing anywhere from regional to national all the way to a world championship level.
Dr. Najib Metni, firstname.lastname@example.org, 09-208406
Mrs. Nayla Basbous, email@example.com, 09-208028, 03-781069
For further details, GO to http://www.vexlebanon.com/
REGISTER NOW AND CHALLENGE YOURSELF!