ILT strives to carry to NDU students, students of other universities, and to citizens of Lebanon at large a sense of awareness, understanding, and appreciation to the studious characteristics of the Lebanese people who proved, and still prove, success in cultural and intellectual performances and outcomes. The Institute aims to create an interactive relationship between the Lebanese people and their legacy.
In order to start realizing this Vision the ILT aims at:
- Identifying the Lebanese Renaissance literature;
- Starting the building of the related data;
- Reviving the manuscript publication series;
- Reviving the Murex series: Lebanon by Lebanese Authors;
- Starting the publication of intellectual Lebanese thought from the seventeenth century till the twentieth century;
- Activating the Lebanese Pantheon by having publications, in Arabic and English, related to its figures;
- Creating interdisciplinary academic programs related to the Lebanese Renaissance;
- Launching a website to cover and update all these areas of interest;
- Creating the momentum for this significant work.