The Teaching Certificate program is designed to help school teachers conduct their classes scientifically. However, this is not a graduate program: the candidate is not required to hold a university degree to join. This program will cater to elementary school teachers who are already teaching in a school but do not hold a university degree.
To qualify for admission, a candidate must hold a Lebanese Baccalaureate II or its equivalent. The candidate must prove Arabic language proficiency. The candidate must also sit for an oral interview before he/she can be admitted to the program.
The Government of Lebanon recognizes the Teaching Diploma as equivalent to the "License d'Enseignement" if the student holds the Lebanese Baccalaureate Part II and has successfully passed the number of credits required for the Diploma over and above the total number of credits required for the BA degree in Arabic.
In order to obtain the Teaching Diploma, students must successfully pass 18 credits with a GPA of 2.0/4.0 or above in the following courses:
- EDU 202 Introduction to Education (in Arabic)
- EDU 314 Educational Psychology (in Arabic)
- EDU 315 Literary Criticism (in Arabic)
- EDU 345 Methods of Teaching Arabic Language and Literature (in Arabic)
- EDU 359 Curriculum Design (in Arabic)
- EDU 414 Writing Styles and Textual Analysis (in Arabic)
- EDU 477 Practicum in Teaching Arabic (in Arabic)