Do your friends and family come to you with computer related questions? Do you get a sense of satisfaction when you have solved their problems? If so, then you have reached the right NDU web pages!
Computer science majors learn about computer systems and the way humans and computers interact from a scientific perspective. Instruction includes the theory and design of software and hardware. Computers can be programmed to do almost anything that you can imagine or think of. The art of transforming your ideas into computer programs is unmatched. Your thoughts have to be so organized and so well structured for a computer to understand them. The programming exercise is so rigorous that only people who have the discipline and proper education can be expected to really succeed. We, in the computer science department at NDU, have designed our program (a good balance of theory and practice) so that by the time you graduate you will be well prepared for the job market as well as for graduate schools.
Throughout its life, the Department of Computer Science at NDU has developed a strong reputation for offering a wide range of opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate education and research. Inspired by a clear vision for the future, we continue to develop new initiatives and programs, to realize the potential of staff and students alike and to fulfill the market needs.
In a glance, the Department of Computer Science (DCS) offers six different degrees at the undergraduate level and one degree at the graduate level as follows:
- BS in Computer Science (94 credits). This BS program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET (http://www.abet.org)
- BS in Computer Science–Information Technology (94 credits)
- BS in Computer Science–Computer Graphics & Animation (94 credits)
- BS in Business Computing (94 credits)
- BS in Business Computing–Management Information Systems (94 credits)
- BS in Geographic Information Systems (91 credits)
- MS in Computer Science (30 credits)
In case you would like to know more about us, please email me at
Hoda Maalouf, Chairperson