The Faculty of Business Administration and Economics is a professional faculty. It offers a range of academically balanced programs to meet the needs of the various sectors of the economy. The programs of study are dynamic to keep pace with the rapidly evolving environment of business, management, hospitality, tourism and technology. The qualified and experienced academics at the Faculty are dedicated to providing theoretical and practical knowledge of high standard in a stimulating atmosphere. That is why the Faculty, in a short time, has developed to become a major provider of high quality business and management leaders.
General Faculty Learning Objectives
The primary objectives of the Faculty are:
- To serve the community by providing programs of study that are professionally oriented, comprehensive, relevant to today’s business world, and of high standard.
- To prepare well-rounded business graduates who are equipped with analytical, quantitative, managerial and human skills to make sound and responsible decisions.
- To develop business graduates who are aware of the connection between business-management decisions and political, social, economic, legal, ethical, technological and environmental factors.
- To develop business graduates who are able to identify management and organizational problems, isolate critical factors, generate feasible alternatives and, after critical thinking and analysis, come up with the most appropriate solution.
Academic Departments and Programs
The Faculty of Business Administration and Economics consists of:
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- Department of Economics
- Department of Management and Marketing
- Department of Hotel Management and Tourism
The Department of Accounting and Finance offers programs leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Business Administration with emphasis on:
- Accounting areas: Accounting Information Systems, General Accounting, Management Accounting and Control, Auditing.
- Finance areas: Investment management, Corporate Finance, Real Estate, banking, Personal Financial Planning, General Finance.
The Department of Economics offers programs leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Business Administration with emphasis on:
The Department of Management and Marketing offers programs leading to the degree of Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) and the degrees of Bachelor of Business Administration with concentrations on:
- International Business Management
The Bachelor’s degree is a three-year and two-summer program of full-time study.
The Department of Management and Marketing also offers a program leading to the degree of Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.).
The Master’s degree follows a two-year full-time program or its equivalent in part-time work.
The Department of Hotel Management and Tourism offers a program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Hotel Management and Tourism. This degree is a three-year and two-summer program of full-time study.