Consistent with the Faculty mission, the Bachelor of Science in Economics at Notre Dame University-Louaize provides a combination of academic rigor and career preparation. The program emphasizes undergraduate study in a liberal arts education environment. It maintains a high standard of education through a continuously revised curriculum. It prepares students for either future graduate studies or for a variety of careers in the private and public sectors. The program provides students with a challenging educational experience that enhances innovation, competence and sense of social responsibility, while offering an equal chance for all students.
Program Learning Goals and Outcomes
By the end of the program graduates will be able to:
Goal 1: General Skills:
Our graduates will demonstrate socially responsible professionalism.
- Use technology and statistical packages to analyze data;
- Employ analytical tools for reasoning and socially responsible decision making;
- Apply effective written and oral communication skills;
- Utilize basic research tools to writing reports;
Goal 2: Economics Specific Skills:
- Understand the principles governing economic decisions;
- Devise economic policies to solve economic issues;
- Use critical thinking in analyzing economic situation;
- Analyze the functioning of the economy in a global environment.