- Demonstrate financial need;
- Have completed 12 credits at NDU (remedial credits not included);
- Have demonstrated academic potential (cumulative GPA, minimum 2.3/4.0);
- Be enrolled as a full-time student with a minimum of 12 credits each semester and a minimum of 9 credits during the last semester. Only Interior and Graphic Design students are eligible for WSG in their last academic year, since they are required to take 10 credits in their last two semesters of enrollment; The Chairperson of the Visual Arts department must confirm this.
Any student who has been granted a WSG will be covered for a full academic year (exclusive of summer session) unless:
- His /her GPA drops below 2.3/4.0 during the first semester;
- He/she receives a scholarship from another institution exceeding 50% of tuition;
- He/she benefits from the scholarship;
- He/she registers for less than 12 credits during each semester and less than 9 credits during the last semester at NDU;
- He/she does not fulfill the job requirements assigned by the Financial Aid Officer;
- He/she does not abide by the rules and regulations of the assignment
- it is revealed later that the information submitted is forged.
Undergraduate students may apply for financial aid by filling out an application form which can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.
Upon taking this application, the student should schedule an interview with the Financial Aid Officer and submit the complete form with the appropriate documents before the official deadline. Every semester, dates and deadlines for obtaining and submitting applications will be updated and posted on the Finalcial Aid bulletin boards and on the NDU Website.
WSG applications must be submitted one semester in advance (for a Spring semester WSG, the application must be received by the Financial Aid Office during the previous Fall semester).
Students applying for WSG may receive a home visit from the Financial Aid Officer. After the procedure is completed, the Financial Aid Committee will review each application carefully and give the appropriate decision.
Dates and deadlines for obtaining and submitting applications will be posted on the Financial Aid Boards and on the NDU bulletin boards each semester, and scheduled in the academic year calendar.
The applications are to be taken and submitted during the previous semester (e.g., you have to apply in the spring semester to benefit for the next fall semester).
For more information, consult the Financial Aid Officer.