Graduate students may be placed on academic probation after completing 12 credits in the
graduate program, if they:
1. Fail any course in the graduate program.
2. Do not maintain a cumulative average of “B”.
A graduate student on probation should register for a minimum of 6 credits the following
The student is dismissed from the graduate program if:
1. The probation status is not removed within a period of two consecutive semesters.
2. The department or program, and irrespective of the grades obtained, deems student’s
work as unsatisfactory.
3. The student fails the comprehensive examination twice, or fails the thesis defense twice.